Over the Wall is a holiday camp for children who have a serious illness.
Serious Illness Camp
We invite applications from children who are experiencing, or have recently experienced the challenges of a serious or life threatening condition. This includes, but is not limited to-
- Respiratory conditions (eg Severe Asthma, Chronic Lung disease)
- Blood disorders (eg Sickle Cell Anaemia, Haemophilia, Aplastic Anaemia)
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (eg Crohn’s disease, Colitis)
- Heart Conditions (eg Congenital heart disease)
- Immunological Disorders (eg Immune Deficiencies)
- Kidney Disease (eg Nephrotic Syndrome, Polycystic Kidney Disease)
- Liver Disease (eg Biliary Atresia, Liver Transplant)
- Neurological Disorders (eg Epilepsy, Spina Bifida)
- Neuromuscular Disorders (eg Muscular Dystrophy)
- Autoimmune Diseases (eg Juvenile Arthritis, Lupus, Dermatomyositis)
Children must be between the age of 8 and 17 when attending our camps. Presently, we only accept applications from children living in the UK. The child must be able to function and participate in a group setting with children of a similar age, and must be able to communicate their needs independently. If the child is in a wheelchair they must be able to transfer independently.